Ma. Wannabe smith.

Take a moment to introduce yourself.
Rocketman

Ma. Wannabe smith.

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:28 am

Hi all. ;) I'm a retired pipefitter/welder with a life time of metal fabrication in one discipline or another. After an aborted attempt at making a living shooting pool I was forced by economic reasons to enter the workplace as a productive member. Started out pre-heating metal out ahead of a welder in Michigan in February. He made 3 times what I made and the impetus to join him lit a fire under me that eventually took me to welding school, a pipefitter union apprenticeship, and a lifetime of following large construction projects all over the USA and a couple countries. Retired now and building a blacksmith shop to join with my woodshop and my welding shop. Knives will definitely be on the list. I'm a widower, 72, lifetime motorcycle rider, pool hustler when the mood arises, a daytripper, a non-stop builder of whatever strikes my fancy, and a lover of long motorcycle rides. Been to all four corners of then USA on my bike twice.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Ma. Wannabe smith.

Post by admin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Welcome.

You sound like the kind of person that is perpetually moving. I too always have the itch to explore and create.

Best of luck with your smithing. If we can help with something, please let us know.

Dan