Prototypetom grinder build

Show us your grinder!
Prototypetom

Prototypetom grinder build

Post by Prototypetom » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:15 am

Hi from uk!!

I thought my second post on the forum may aswell be a build thread for the grinder and to keep all valuable information in one post and can spam this instead of the whole forum.

I must of read every post and thread bout 10 times over but it looks like I’m still going to need to pick brains. I found the forum over from s post on plasma spider. But with everything you lot still seem to favour imperial over metric and it like working in aceint Egypt lol 😝

So first if I have come accross a number of different plans,

Standard
Metric
Weld together

Each modified in there own way. As I’m a welder fabricator I will be welding the body together and I will also from uk I will need to look at the motor selection. So tonight at some point I’m going to upload all 3 plans into solidworks and see what’s been changed what I can loose and any other ideas I get along the way.

I’m going to be using this go fabrication mainly of jig work and some other cool projects but I won’t bore you with them!

Any help motorwise would be great.

Ta

admin
Site Admin

Re: Prototypetom grinder build

Post by admin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:34 am

Hi Tom,

You'll be likely using an IEC motor. If you have a drive wheel already organised, then you'll want to match the wheel to the motor shaft diameter. Some wheel makers offer a 24 mm keyed bore which works on 90 frame motor. 1.1 to 1.5 kW is a preferred. Are you planning on using a VFD and a three phase motor?

Dan

Prototypetom

Re: Prototypetom grinder build

Post by Prototypetom » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 am

I’d love to run a 3 phase but the first build is a home build so I won’t be running it on that one however a 3phase build is on the cards at a later date. Again not looked into a vid as I’m quite a while away. But yes I’d like to.

Been busy this weekend hopefully I’ll get some time on solid works at some point.