LASER CUTTING PRICE QUOTE

Discussion on where to source parts and services for your build.
philipwoodall

LASER CUTTING PRICE QUOTE

Post by philipwoodall » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi I have been busy getting quotes for laser cutting the grinder parts and got one back from a local company in Medicine Hat AB [urlhttps://www.form-techmachining.com/][/url]the quote including cutting and materials was 295 canadian dollars which I thought was pretty fair I am waiting to get a quote back from a local waterjet place i will let everyone know when it comes in.

admin
Site Admin

Re: LASER CUTTING PRICE QUOTE

Post by admin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:55 pm

That's a really good price Phil. This is the kind of feedback that we need. I think laser is cheaper than water jet as it's very fast.

Dan

philipwoodall

Post by philipwoodall » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi everyone just an update I went to the laser cutting place and spoke to the owner and he said that it could be cheaper if the individual items were not nested as he could cut us a deal if he could use off cuts from the large sheets that they use his draughtsman are going to unnest them and i will be going to see it all get cut on Monday can't wait will see if I can video it and maybe post that if anybody's interested. Oh and will try and get the unnested files as well to post.

Dorang

Post by Dorang » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:19 am

Just curious as to where you got with this? I would like to contact them about cutting one for me although I am in the states. How did it work out for you?

philipwoodall

Post by philipwoodall » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi
Sorry for not posting i have been away camping. The cutting went very well took about an hour he has kept the file so if you contact Brett or Brian the total for me was C$ 309 plus change that included the metal and everything i would recommend them with out hesitation.
I have assembled the parts and all fit i have welded some bits together as i have a TIG welder so it was easier for me will post some pictures when I have finished.here is a picture of the cut metal.
Attachments
laser cut grinder parts.jpg
laser cut grinder parts.jpg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 2497 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:51 pm

That looks great! They repositioned the parts. Would you happen to have the file that they used?

Dan

philipwoodall

Post by philipwoodall » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:32 pm

I will ask if I can get it. Brian said it was just a case of un-nesting the parts so their software cold work out the path for the laser to go as the metal gets too hot if you cut every thing in the same area one after another this is probably not a concern with waterjet cutting.
notice how he cut some parts out of the circle where the motor mounts clever eh!
Ill get back with pictures soon of the build.

Gavin_Hoole

Post by Gavin_Hoole » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Any companies in Europe and Uk that can quote?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:03 pm

notice how he cut some parts out of the circle where the motor mounts clever eh!
I saw that. Saved some material.

Yanire

Post by Yanire » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:44 pm

I got à supplier in Granby quebec
280$ plus taxes
Comes to about 325$ in all
Yannick

Keep on grinding :ugeek: