Electrical components

Discussion on where to source parts and services for your build.
jjs4x4

Re: Electrical components

Post by jjs4x4 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:15 am

Ok Thanks for the info!

mnbull

Post by mnbull » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:12 pm

The motor i procured for my grinder was from a free treadmill. It had the variable speed built in so that was nice, however the motor was completely open and I suspect the metal shavings/dust shorted out the motor. hence, no more motor.
I am looking to build the grinder on this forum, but I am confused as to the motor/vfd combo...

I see package deals for 1.5 horse motor, 1.5 horse 120v input/230v output vfd. Does that work? Can I use that vfd with say a 2hp motor?
Do not quite understand the requirements for the two. I want to stick with 120v plug in as that is what my shop is wired for, so do I have a hp restriction because of that?
Thank you for any help with my nube questions. link to website here...http://dealerselectric.com/Package-Y522 ... E-T205.asp

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:27 am

Hi,

That combo is a good choice for the Sayber OSG. Go for the 11" motor option when selecting files.

Electrically, you will need a dedicated circuit at 20 A and 115 V. I have setup a few of the T205s and they are pretty good machines. You will want to enclose the VFD in an enclosure or locate it away from your grinder to give the VFD some dust protection. A simple wired remote control for start/stop and speed control can be made to allow you to work the VFD at the grinder while the VFD can be away from the grinder.

Dan

mnbull

Post by mnbull » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:03 am

Thank you!