Clarification on part 207

Suggest ideas for attachments, safety, or overall design improvements.
Nick78

Clarification on part 207

Post by Nick78 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:55 am

Assembly instructions r2 shows a drawing of parts on pages 5 and 7 where part 207 (front mount) has two through holes, one per side for attaching to the frame plates. A photo on page 13 shows four holes in the front mount, not two. Rear mount drawing and photos both show four holes. Four holes make sense - two per frame plate - and I'm wondering if the CAD drawing has two or four holes.

I can't open the CAD file to confirm. I sent it to a local machine shop which has a water jet. Curious if I need to request a modification in the drawing before ordering the project.

Also, I'm considering flipping (mirroring) the whole assembly where the belt will run on the left side, facing the grinder. I plan to run a motor with CW rotation and naturally I want the belt to move down across the work. It's a DC motor which could be reversed for CCW rotation but the post is reverse threaded. I can either modify (key) the post to keep the drive wheel from spinning off those threads or mirror the build as described above. Flipping the base and alternating the frame plates & mounts seems straight forward. Anything obvious I'm overlooking?

srice

Re: Clarification on part 207

Post by srice » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:05 am

Good catch - looking at the documentation I see the issue. I will check the cad cutting file tonight when I get back to real computer.

srice

Post by srice » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:32 pm

Yep, just looked at the cutting file for part 207 - it has 2 holes instead of 4.

srice

Post by srice » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:55 pm

Nick,
I have modified the cut file for the 11" long platen version adding the 4 holes and fixing the issue with the arc cut that others have noticed in LibreCAD. If you are interested, contact me and I can help you out.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:01 am

Yes, the prototype has four holes on part 207. However, the top holes were very difficult to drill and tap for. I removed two of the holes and moved the remaining two holes to the middle of the piece for the released drawings. I will add a note to the assembly instructions.

Thanks,

Dan

Nick78

Post by Nick78 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:28 am

srice wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:55 pm
Nick,
I have modified the cut file for the 11" long platen version adding the 4 holes and fixing the issue with the arc cut that others have noticed in LibreCAD. If you are interested, contact me and I can help you out.
Looks like two holes is the final answer. Suits me. Thanks to you both.

Nick78

Post by Nick78 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 am

Dan, any thoughts on mirroring the assembly so the belt runs on the left side of the frame, in a clockwise direction down accross the work? See note above about the CW motor with threads...