Metric Version

Suggest ideas for attachments, safety, or overall design improvements.
kiwichris

Metric Version

Post by kiwichris » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi Dan

I was wondering if you have had anyone do an imperial to metric conversion or better yet a full metric build? I'm looking into giving it a go myself but would love to hear from anyone that has made all of the mistakes first so that I can hopefully avoid them in the future!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Metric Version

Post by admin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Chris,

It would be awesome for someone to take this on. Great suggestion!

It should be pretty easy to convert the drawing to metric. The fasteners and some tapped holes would have to be tweaked. The plate could become 10 mm, the 1/4" capscrews could become 6 mm etc.

I apologise, being from Canada we are only half-metric. Officially we are metric, however when it comes to building materials we're pretty much entirely imperial. I had an interesting conversation with a guy from the UK. I told him "we drove 40 km to town to buy two pounds of flour and a litre of milk."

Best wishes,

Dan

Wild Russian

Re: Metric Version

Post by Wild Russian » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:44 am

Dan,
for conversion to metric it would be awesome to have CAD files with dimensions, tolerances etc. Or is it possible to me, for example, open the available .dxf in a CAD program and have dimensions with one or more clicks of a mouse (I'm very new to CAD so excuse me for dummies' questions). There are some basic things that you cannot convert so simple - motor mount, for example. Anyway, technical pics with dimensions would be super!