Clarification/Help needed

Suggest ideas for attachments, safety, or overall design improvements.
JustFloyd

Clarification/Help needed

Post by JustFloyd » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm seeing some discrepancies (at least I think they are) eg for part 207 front mount and 215 D plate, the radius of the arcs (smiles) are not at the center of the pivot hole. This would cause binding when rotating the unit from vertical to horizontal and when changing the angle of the D plate. Also the rear mount holes are not centered on the cutout piece. The dxf file shows slots in 211 tracking arm but pictures in the assembly instructions show holes not slots. I'm just getting into looking through the dxf files, so there may be more. So my question is, are these actually discrepancies, or do the parts assemble properly as planned? I'll be happy to revise the drawings and share them if there are any corrections needed.

srice

Re: Clarification/Help needed

Post by srice » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:27 pm

I noticed a lot of these same discrepancies when going through the cad files as well. I've redrawn all of the pieces in LibreCAD and sent the files to Dan for reposting here. It would be great if you could take a look at my files and let me know if you see any issues.

Steve

JustFloyd

Post by JustFloyd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:41 am

srice wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:27 pm
I noticed a lot of these same discrepancies when going through the cad files as well. I've redrawn all of the pieces in LibreCAD and sent the files to Dan for reposting here. It would be great if you could take a look at my files and let me know if you see any issues.

Steve
Sent you a pm!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:58 am

Steve,

I will make the zip file available in the Downloads section. Thanks for this.

Dan