HELP!!!

Suggest ideas for attachments, safety, or overall design improvements.
Feral Edge

HELP!!!

Post by Feral Edge » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:00 am

Hi there, I am a 15yr old and I have this thing for knives, BUT, I am not the brightest spark plug when it comes to all things technical.

Can anyone please advise me on how to convert the drawings to standard metric sizes, I took the files to a waterjet guy and he looked at them, with his fancy software and whatever, and he said he won't cut them for me as it is going to be extremely hard for me to assemble it due to size differences, especially in thickness. Now I know what you all are thinking, his an idiot, I agree, but I live in South Africa, in a small town and his the only one around, due to the little I have saved for this project I would really not want to pay shipping and things on having it done outside of my town.

So please, can anyone tell me if there are metric drawings for this beautiful grinder or an easy way to convert it?

SO sorry, I am really dumb, but I really would like to make this thing.

admin
Site Admin

Re: HELP!!!

Post by admin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Try the metric drawing on this page: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44
This is sized for metric material, fasteners and an IEC motor.

Dan

Feral Edge

Re: HELP!!!

Post by Feral Edge » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Thank you so much, Sir, will take these and hopefully have my pieces ready to cut soon, also, thank you for all the time and effort you have invested into the knife community and sharing your knowledge, a true inspiration you are to many out there. I'll send you knife one day, a promise I made myself.